Saturday 28 July 2007

Admits, work, London, BCG, and drinks!

A lot happened since my last post. 

We had our first local admits get together and it was a lot of fun. We are all equally anxious to start our adventure and we all want to share this year with likeminded individuals. I discovered that most of my countrymen & woman are consultants. I also discovered that most of them have decided to start in Singapore rather than in France. I guess that we'll just have to wait with our national week for a while ;-)

This week marked my last days at work. It was actually quite strange to give my last presentation and to then clean up my stuff. I look forward to my farewell party and the chance to say goodbye to many great colleagues and friends at work. In a way the last few weeks have been a long period of goodbyes. If you don't like goodbyes, don't work too long in one place, don't go to business school, and don't leave your company... on the other hand, this period makes me reminisce many good moments...

I just came back from a two day trip to London, hosted by BCG. I met many admits from INSEAD, LBS, Stanford, Kellogg. It was good to see that INSEAD led the pack in numbers and in spirit. The interaction at BCG gave me a good picture of consulting in London, eventhough I still have some questions and I also wonder about one or two things that I heard from the recruiters. I'll get back to that in a next post, need to get my head around it first. The interaction with the other school's admits was great. Diverse backgrounds and good conversation partners. After the event I went to Picadilly with 2 INSEAD'ers. We had beers, good food, and got to know each other a little better. 

Tomorrow will be Angela and my "goodbye and thankyou" party for friends and family. 'Goodbye' for the obvious reasons; 'thankyou' for all the support, help, attention, and patience that they had with me during the long preparation period. GMAT preparation, GMAT tests, essays, more essays, another round of essays, and yet more essays... So while I'm at it, also a big thankyou to Angela! She suffered the worst... 

So what's our party going to be like? Wakeboarding, waterskiing, hopefully good weather, and lots of free drinks!!! Kampai!

No comments: