Thursday 5 July 2007

Business Foundations and BCG



Today I confirmed my attendance to the pre-MBA cocktail of The Boston Consulting Group in London. I got a great deal with Easyjet and an even better deal with the Thistle Victoria hotel. I look forward to finding out more about Strategy Consulting in London, and to meeting more of my new class mates. Dinner, networking with recruiters, meeting people, and probably clubbing in a trendy place after the cocktail. The best part of it is that the MBA hasn't even started yet!!

I also received more info about my Business Foundations week at INSEAD. This week is tailored for those of us who don't have a Quant or Finance background. The programme consists of Financial Accounting, Finance, and Quantitative Methods. Good job that I just completed my Six Sigma Green Belt certification, I bet that all the statistics and analysis will come in handy with the Quant part. INSEAD is very serious about this programme, which I believe is fantastic. We even get star professor Jake Cohen during this pre-MBA week to help us get a strong foundation. I'd better intensify my Finance pre-reading now, and be prepared...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Omar,

Let me know the tips and tricks you learned during this pre-MBA course. Financial accounting, I always had troubles enjoying and understanding these courses during university. I thought it was exact science, but I doesn't seem to be, or...

Cheers,

Arthur

Omar & Angela said...

We'll be in touch, Arthur, I'll let you know how I liked it... I am struggling with it at the moment, though...

Anonymous said...

The employer generally gets the employees he deserves.