Thursday 27 September 2007

Yuxin rules!

Last weekend my class- and groupmate Yuxin went to New York for some urgent business. With a little time left he offered to bring me back something, if I needed anything from the States.

With the dollar exchange rate at € 1.41 I decided to take a gamble and asked him to buy us: an iPhone...


Of course we all know that Apple has the iPhones locked and coupled to a 2 year AT&T contract for 60$ a month (will probably be a similar deal in Europe once it comes out.) We also know that the iPhones will only come out in Europe at the end of the year and even later in Asia... True as all that may be, the prices in the US dropped to 399$, and I actually found some excellent software on the internet for 59$ to unlock the iPhone. Ergo, I could not resist and so I asked Yuxin to do me this favour.

After downloading some tools to first activate the phone, I bought the "simfree" software on the web and I manage to activate and unlock the phone. As all my friends know... I'm not the most able person when it comes to technical stuff, so trust me, it's easy enough to do.

Our beautiful new iPhone is now fully operational in France with a French prepaid Virgin Mobile sim...

La vie est belle, n'est-ce pas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to check what happens when Apple releases the iPhone software update. Just recently VP of Apple said that the unlocked iPhones may be damaged by the unlocking software and when the software update is installed the iPhone turns into iBrick. Check this out. You may want to relock the iPhone for the update and than unlock it again.

P.S. I'm so jealous, I want the iPhone myself.

Anonymous said...

in addition, visual mailbox and other features won't work.