Monday 3 September 2007

Orientation week Part I: Partner

Although I feel that the experiences of Omar as MBA participant should come first I shall briefly write something about what Orientation Week for the partners was all about, since Omar is currently buried in Prices and Markets homework.

The P4 partners had put lots of effort in making the Orientation Week also a nice week for the partners. After we had registered, we received a schedule with all activities already organised. Some of these were the Teddybear picknic, a partners presentation, a walk around Fontainebleau with lunch and a lunch prepared by P4 for P1 partners. The Teddybear picknic was sweet and fun, and since Omar and I do not have any children I brought cookies instead. There are quite a lot of partners with children on campus and I admire them because I can expect that with a child (or more) there is so much more to organise. I have seen several examples where the MBA participant joined the activities with his or her child, so the partner had some time off, which I think is very considerate, especially since the MBA schedule is very busy.

During the partner presentation all the partners clubs were represented: The Arts club, the Book club, the Running club, the Movie club, the Cheese and Wine tasting club, the Parents club, and more. Last Saturday morning I ran my first 25 minutes, on Sunday morning we visited the Fontainebleau Chateau, tonight I am going to the first soccer and touch rugby practice and tomorrow I hope to learn something more about wine.

The P4 lunch was on Saturday in Villecerf, a tiny village south of Fontainebleau. The food was excellent, different dishes from India, Russia, Japan etc and followed by delicious brownies, tarte tatin and strawberry cake. Thankfully one of the P1 partners (Natalie) started a running club :-)

Thanks P4 partners, (amongst others Moupiya, Prasanna, Kristina, Ingrid and Shivani) for this warm welcome!!

No comments: